Friday, June 4, 2010

It's Nice to Meet You...

Hello!
As this is my first blog post let me first introduce myself and tell you why I chose to write a blog.....
My name is Brittany and I am a new mom. I have a son, Sonny, who is currently a bit over 3 months old. I chose to write this blog to share my stupiditiy and my revelations of motherhood as well as information on hazardous (but common) things that we are putting in our childrens' lives. I think as a society we can do better than what we are doing. I believe that these changes can come about through knowledge of information. I am here to faciliate this purpose. We have a dire responsibility to make the life of our children the best that we can and that includes making the world they live in a pretty place and a safe place. I am always concerned that Sonny will have the ugliest and most polluted environment to live in if we don't start to change things. So, I call this blog the "Modern American Mom" because I feel as a society we have become very un-modern; motherhood is beginning to feel too plastic and less natural. We are too quick to get a C-section if we don't need it, we are too quick to use formula when many of us have the best natural milk to provide, we are too quick to hurry back to work to make more money instead of spending more time with our kids, we are too quick to slather on lotions with petrochemicals (which we will talk about later), we are too quick to use disposable diapers filled with harmful chemicals and dyes that will remain in a landfill for 500 years for our kids to deal with. This I believe is not the way of the modern mother.

I hope that you will follow and input your own conversation. This blog was created with the intention of provoking conversation and discussion, learning, and enlightenment; this blog was not created to judge others.
I hope that this blog will enlighten you and perhaps you can have a few revelations yourself!

Tomorrow I will be discussing diapering! Tune in for some important information on cloth versus disposables!
Besos

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brittany! This sounds like an awesome blog! Though I am not a mother, I agree with everything you said. I look forward to reading more posts!

    ReplyDelete